Sunday 14 April 2013

Time for some inky fun!


After a few weeks spent on some commissions and updating stock, I promised myself a week to play with some ink.

The printmaking side of my work tends to take a bit of a back seat to the jewellery, but I do love it, and people seem to like the prints and pictures too.  As a have a couple of events coming up soon, I thought for once I should concentrate properly on experimenting with some new prints.

People I speak to about my prints are curious about how they're made, and I'm not always very good at explaining as there are often a lot of different processes involved, and I tend to make it up a bit as I go along.  So, inspired by the lovely Kirsten from Quernus and her step-by-step facebook tutorial of a wonderful geisha mouse (brilliant - go and have a look!), I thought I would record my week of experimentation via the medium of the blog.  The plan is to post every day with an update of some sort, and hopefully not from a pit of despond. 

If nothing else, it will mean I actually do it and the car MOT and coffee with crafty colleagues I also have planned will be no excuse...........


The rough draft and sketched plans of the printing plates

No comments:

Post a Comment