Friday 19 April 2013

Ta da!

A quick return to the printing dungeon today, to see whether it would be possible to add silver leaf to my print.  I was dubious about this, as previous efforts with chine colle have not been entirely happy, and silver leaf is, to put it mildly, a bugger for flying off and sticking to the wrong thing.

Anyway, I consulted a great book I've got, by the marvellous printmaker Brenda Harthill
Of course she made it all sound far too easy but I thought it was worth a try, and here are the results (with aplogies if it's difficult to see in the photo - I did my best!).


The first, and I think my favourite, attempt.  In case you can't tell the difference (!) this has a semi-circular shape of silver



Trying with a circular silver shape but some of it peeled off.  Still quite a nice effect




More of a crescent shape.  I think some glue must have squidged out at the top, hence the smudge.  Annoying.







Anyway, I really am pleased with how these have turned out (I must point out that the registration and other printing of these is really not bad, and I've managed not to get any massive fingerprints on them, which is a huge achievement in itself by my standards).

Many thanks again to Cath for lending me her workshop, and to everyone who's encouraged me in this endeavour (and now they're playing the exit music so that's my cue to leave....xxx)

No comments:

Post a Comment