Tuesday 26 June 2012

Les Dawson is Alive & Well.....

And living in Leeds

So....the piano exam......all a bit of a blur, and a trembly-fingered, mortifyingly bad one at that.  You just never know how these things are going to take you until you're there, and I just went a bit more pear-shaped than usual; fingers shaking so much I just couldn't really play my pieces (at least I had an excuse).  Anyway, I think the scales were ok, although I have a sneaking suspicion I mistook D minor for D major, and hopefully I managed to tell my left from my right (it has been known, before you ask - turned the wrong way in my driving test).

Blog day is going to be a moveable feast, I've decided.  It was definitely a decision, not my inability to remember when I was going to do it.  And anyway, no point writing if there's nothing to say (ahem).

I've been busy on the Craft Soup Facebook group I'm part of (and now one of the admins too), trying to gather members' opinions about what direction the group should be taking (apart from exponential growth).  Not surprisingly, this has sparked quite a lot of debate, and I can never resist sticking my oar in.  So my plan to tidy up my workspace has been gradually 'rescheduled'. 


Soon I am going to injure myself tripping over all the storage solutions I bought to organise myself and have left on the floor in their shopping bags, so it really must be done. 

Remember the studs I talked about a couple of weeks ago?  I know, the excitement has been unbearable, but here they are:

Dah 






  Dah
                                                                                                                 Daaaaah









I'm pretty pleased with them and they have generated a lot of interest (and a sale - woohoo!).  Just goes to show you need to get out of your creative rut occasionally and think about what other people may prefer - hard not to take it too far and start trying to cater for what seems popular...but that's a whole other topic!




No comments:

Post a Comment